Monday, 2 February 2015

OOTD: A day in Wells

Me and Leo

A couple weeks back myself, my cousin Leo and two of my good friends Becca and Alexa hopped on the bus and spent the morning have a lazy day exploring Wells. 

Wells is right on our door stop and is an amazing city! It is the smallest in the country and is so quaint and full of riches to be explored.

The cathedral there is actually one of my favorite places in the world and I may even do a whole blog post on the Cathedral with photos of its insane beauty soon! I actually did do a blog post with a couple pictures of Wells Cathedral last year which you can see HERE if you're interested.

First stop on our little outing was to Great Shakes. Great Shakes is the most insane milk shake bar that literally put any chocolate bar you could ever want into a blender with milk and a whole lot of icecream, whizz it up and as if by magic you're left with the most delicious, unhealthy drink to ever have existed. (Ok, slight exaggeration but they're seriously good!) 

Me and Leo went for the Kinder Beuno milkshake and it was sooo good!

Leo tucking into his milkshake

Next up we had a little explore in Waterstones. I have never been in the Waterstones in Wells before but it was so lovely in there. It was like a tardis as from the outside it looked fairly small but once inside you realised it goes back really far. It was so nice to have a proper little rumage through all the books. Especially because Alexa and Becca are little book worms so hearing them get all excited about certain books was cute.

Sidenote: I am going to read more in 2015!


Leo got rather excited over a book about Planets

The rest of the afternoon was spent eating and we met up with a few more friends and sat for a bit catching up in Coffee One. Once we were thoroughly warmed back up we went to see the ducks before heading for a nosy around the cathedral.

Me and My Cousin Leo

Leo and the Pigeons

Finally onto my outfit....

Coat - New Look
Bobble Hat - Primark
Cardigan - Primark
Dress - Joules
Tights - Primark
Boots - Primark

I adore this dress from Joules. I don't know if I've mentioned it on my blog previously but I started working at Joules over the summer. After looking at this dress hanging on the shop floor for months I finally caved and bought it.

The outfit I wore it with is exactly how I imagined styling it - tan boots. I think it looks really autumnal as the colour and print of the dress reminds me of autumn leaves.

So overall an outfit I love for a day with people who I love!

How has your week been?

No comments:

Post a Comment