Thursday, 23 October 2014

Barcelona: OOTD, Cathedral, Camp Nou + more!

Me, Mum, my sister Alice and Cousin Phillipa

The 'unfinished Cathedral'



Camp Nou

Barcelona Olympic Stadium
Barcelona Olympic Stadium
Las Ramblas

the fountain display in Barcelona

Playsuit - Primark
Belt - Primark
Pink Sunglasses - Prada
Sandals - Clarks
Bag - Osprey

During my time in Spain I was lucky enough to have the chance to visit Barcelona for the day. There are a host of things to see and do in Barcelona and by no means did we do it all. We did however, manage to cram an awful lot into our whistle stop tour of the beautiful city. 

First stop on our tour was Camp Nou, home of Barcelona football club. Football is most definitely not my thing. It isn't my mum's, sister's or cousin's either so we were quite united on that front. But, it was part of the tour and is an integral part of Barcelona so we went along and had a look round. The size of the stadium really is insane! It was quite cool to walk out onto the pitch the same route the footballers do and we got to have a look round their changing rooms, prayer room, the press box and a big museum with walls upon walls of trophies. 

Next up was the cathedral and it didn't disapoint. As we walked up the bustling street and turned a corner the famous 'unfinished cathedral' suddenly came into view and I really wish someone had recorded our faces. It was simply breathtaking. Never in my life have I seen something so intricately detailed, dreamy and story telling. I know there is a bit of a debate rumbling on over weather Gaudi was a genius or a mad man but me and my mum both agree he was definitely not the latter! If you ever get the chance to go and see the Cathedral I couldn't reccomend it more, it was just a shame we didn't get the chance to go inside but the ques were massive - I will have to return!

Then we moved on to other famous sights in the city, stopping of at the Olympic Stadium and then on the top of a hill, leaving us with stunning views and a perfect photo backdrop.

Las Ramblas is deemed the 'Covent Garden' of Barcelona and I was also very excited to visit this honeypot of tourists, traders and tourism alike. We were given some free time by the tour guide to have a little explore so myself, mum, Alice and Pip decided to walk up the famous street. We were met with street performers, with one dressed up as a very convincing mad hatter from Alice in wonderland! There was a host of things to see and alley ways coming off of the bustling street to explore, it was just a shame we had such limited time there.

In the evening it was then time to watch the famous 'fountains of Barcelona'. They were beautiful and so big. The only thing that we all agreed really let it down was the music. We were expecting the music to be in sync with the water or for the music to atleast be spanish. Instead, they were playing trashy chart music such as Miley Cyrus 'Wrecking Ball' and my most hated song ever, Robin Thicke 'Blurred Lines'. This really let the whole thing down and killed the atmosphere completely. If we were to stick earplugs in and just focus on the fountains, they were beautiful - it's only a shame the music didn't mirror their beauty. 
 
One thing's for sure, after this trip I cannot tick Barcelona off my 'to visit' list just yet. This day trip only gave me a taste of the city and left me longing to go back and explore some more of it...one day!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh amazing I remember my trip with school way back and it was so fun, you look great lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such an amazing city right!? Thank you! xx

      Delete
  2. If I get the chance, I will definitely visit Barcelona. Such a beautiful city! Also, I love your playsuit. :)

    Would you like to connect via GFC or other social networks? Let me know if that is something that is of interest to you :)

    xo,
    Abby
    http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete