Thursday, 17 July 2014

Busy having the best summer EVER!


I realise that I have not updated my little corner of the internet in a while. Life is craaaaaazy at the moment.

Since leaving school on June 13th I have done SO much! I would apologise for the lack of posts and tweets but then I don't feel I should have to apologise for taking a little bit of time off, instead I simply hope none of you were too worried about where I had got to.

It seems it would only be fair to update you all on what I've been up to plus I would quite enjoy showing you some of my pictures - in the next couple of days blog posts will go live featuring photos from my Prom, Glastonbury festival and some other stuff. I have also been filming all of my summer in a diary style video everyday so expect to see some of that at the end of August!

During this post I just fancy having a chat. It's the wee hours of the morning, everyone else is in bed and I really feel like pouring my heart out to you guys (random I know...)

Reflecting is one of my favourite things to do. When I look back to last year it brings back a lot of very unhappy memories. I was in a very dark place. I wasn't leaving the house a lot, my head was full of very negative thoughts and things only seemed to keep getting worse. My parent's were in the middle of their separation and it was around the time I was coming to grips with what was happening and the prospect of moving out of my family home which I had lived in for 16 years. I wasn't spending a great deal of time with my friends and felt very alone, whilst my faith was almost non-existent too.

Fast forward a year and I am in a very different place. Summer is in full swing, I am busy having the best time of my life with the most amazing friends, have gotten myself a job which I'm very happy in, have made/am making so many memories with amazing people am just generally in a very good place. Yes there are a few issues still rumbling on in my life but that is expected. Generally though, things are great!

I guess I wanted to write this post just to say things do get better. Some of you reading this may be struggling at the moment because life's dealt you a dose of crap but my message to you is keep going! You are strong and you can get through anything life throws at you even if you think you cannot. It just takes time. Time to heal, time to work on yourself, time to learn from what has happened and time to move on.

Trust me!

For those of you that are now, like me, in a good place....appreciate it! Be thankful for it and never forget how lucky you are.

Lots of love

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are having a great summer hun xxx

    ReplyDelete