Monday, 23 June 2014

What's in my School Bag?



Since I have now 'officially' left school I thought it would be nice to do a 'What's in my school bag?' post to celebrate! I have only ever done one 'What's in my bag' post before and it proved quite popular, plus they are one of my favorite types of posts to read so I hope you enjoy.

First of all, the bag. What other bag could it be than the Zara Office City bag? (Can you tell I'm a blogger haha!) I invested in it back last year (blog post HERE) and it was such a good addition to my wardrobe. Yes, the price was a bit steep initially but it has lasted so well and only has a few wear marks on the bottom. It has been an excellent bag for school and I know I will progress to use it at college in September. It is big enough to fit folders, countless textbooks and even has a special cushioned section for a laptop - it really is great! Due to the sophisticated black colour with gold hardwear it goes perfectly with everything and is just all round fan dabby dosey! 


Pink, sparkles and Victoria Secret - what more could you want from a compact mirror? I picked this little beauty up from the Bond Street Victoria's Secret store in London forever ago and have since wish I bought the matching makeup bag. I always think it looks more like an oyster card case but it is great for checking your eyeliner in the canteen or checking your parting after PE, school bag must have!

This is where the 'What's in my bag?' gets 'schooly'. Of course, I have to bring a scientific calculator to school for use on some maths equations. They sell the same one in pink and I wish I had picked it up in that colour to be honest, would make maths a little more eye catching, right?


A school bag wouldn't be complete without some textbooks, folders and practice exam papers. That's another thing I was really impressed with about the Zara bag - even though I pile it full of heavy textbooks that straps are still yet to even show signs of strain! 


When rushing from class to class I don't really want to have to worry about any breakouts or redness. Instead I carry round this Garnier Roll On concealer. It is far to dark for my skin tone but does the job and is a cute little size. 

Baby Lips are a handbag essential, wherever the handbag is going! No one wants chapped lips and this clear baby lips is great. I don't own any of the coloured ones yet but am looking to perhaps purchase a few. What colours do you lot recommend?

If you are a avid blog reader of mine you may remember me talking about 'Kease Keyrings' a few blog posts back (HERE) and how handy they are for getting to your locker keys quickly. I love to use my Kease Keyring clipped over my maths folder and it means that I'm not searching through my bag (let's be honest - the Zara Office City bag is huge!) trying to find my keys. I adore the print of this design as it has added a pop of colour to many dull school days.


No one wants to be worried about not smelling to great while out and about and I know Impulse's variety of scents are a firm favourite for many people. I smelt this amazing scent on my sister a couple of months back and immediately bought a bottle for my self. It is in the scent 'Roses and Grapefruit' and it honestly smells incredible. It is definitely my favourite spray right now and I love how it has a handy little lock at the top so you don't accidentally spray some into your eye. 

This little blue and white striped purse is what I use to keep my lunch money in and it is nothing special but I like the strips on it. I actually picked this up from a car boots sale a couple of moths back and it's just perfect for the job. The handy little clasp ensures that my coins don't go a stray and it's not ridiculously big either.




Every school bag needs a pencil case! I actually used to have a really cute Minnie Mouse Disney one but had to swap to a see through one for my exams. You may also spy my identification card in there as well so the moderators can make sure that someone is not sitting the exam pretending to be me (people actually do that!?) And of course, my Ariel pen. You will of seen in my Disneyland Haul that I picked this up whilst in Paris at Christmas and I know it is just a novelty item but I love it so much. Sadly it is blue ink so I can't use it in my exams as they strictly have to be written in black ink only, although I doubt I would be able to write any decent essays with it as it is so top heavy. 



The 'Snow White' esque mirror was from Claires a couple of years back and I love how 'fairytaley' it looks. As I'm sat here typing I'm laughing at my self, realising I have been carrying around two mirrors for goodness knows how many months. I'm not vein I promise haha! 

Everytime I empty a handbag or a coat there is always a hair band stuffed in a pocket somewhere as you never know when you might need one. When I get stressed out, my hair goes up. It's almost like a default so since exam stress has been pretty colossal lately hairbands have been a must!

Although at my school, there is a 'no phone' ban I still take it to school because it is impractical not to. Many days I have forgot to let my brother or sister know that I am staying behind at a revision club and it is good to be able to let them know quickly. Plus - could a teenager really be expected to go anywhere without their phone?

Have you done a 'What's in my Bag' post lately? If so please leave a link in the comments and I would love to check it out!



3 comments:

  1. The second mirror is so cute! As for coloured baby lips, I'd really recommend the shade Cherry Me and would avoid Peach Punch as the formula is awful! x

    megansbeautyblog22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved that mermaid pen when I was a child!

    ReplyDelete