Thursday, 12 June 2014

Lucy's Life: Leavers'14 (BEST VIDEO EVER)

Me and Ellie
Me and Becca
Me and Emily

Myself and Cam



If you follow me on twitter you will probably be well aware that on Wednesday 21st I 'officially' left school!
That being said, I still have to go back in for lessons that I have exams for and exams themselves obviously but this was the day we looked back and celebrated. 

We had to attend period 1 & 2 as usual but as soon as the bell rang for break time we all congregated outside G block and got our shirts signed. Since our break time is only 20 minutes long this wasn't really enough time to sign lots of people's shirts - I hardly got any as I was to interested in taking pictures than getting signatures haha, such a blogger ;)

After break we all got changed into a more fancy attire for the Leavers Ceremony. I wore this beautiful black dress from Laura Ashley. It was actually my mum's and the dress she wore to a funeral but we thought it would be nice to give it a few more happy memories. It fitted perfectly and was really flattering.

Initially I had some polka dot heels on from Primark (post already written and coming very soon) but as Head Girl I had to go up the front and say a few words and I didn't want to risk falling over in front of everyone so later changed into a pair of Nude ballet flats from Clarks.

During the assembly all of the tutors got up and said a bit about their tutor group, our head of year made a speech and we laughed at a few old pictures. When it came to me and Cam getting up and thanking the tutors I was already crying so that was a bit embarrassing! 

It all just got a bit much and it hit me that I really am leaving school. The last 5 years have had their ups and downs but I have had such an incredible experience at high school and have loved it. I have made some friends for life, grown as a person, learned so many important things and essentially gone from a little girl into a young lady. I am so thankful for my education and I will treasure all of the happy, funny memories I have from it for years to come!

Afterwards we all headed outside for a few snaps before heading to McDonalds (this sums up our year group so much haha!)

It was such a beautiful day! 

Also, because I'm an emotional, nostalgic person I made a video over May half term with pictures of my time at school. Just watching it gets me so emotional - the photos start when I was in Year 7 in 2009 (12 years old!) and run through in chronological order right up to Year 11 now in 2014. The photos make me laugh so much, you can see that around the 2011 time I discovered makeup, hair dye and short skirts haha! I know this video is quite personal so I was unsure as to if I should post it on my blog but a few of you tweeted me saying you would like to see it and I think it is nice to share milestones in our life!

So here it is...


I hope you enjoyed this blog post and let me know if you're leaving school/uni/college this year too!

Lots of love

3 comments:

  1. I left school at the end of April and it was so emotional. I was ok through the day and then just started crying like the whole way home!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete