Saturday, 3 May 2014

OOTD/FOTD: Topshop Playsuit (FleurDeForce)







Hello hello hello!

(Sorry for the rather poopy photos - I was rushing out the door so it had to do!)

I hope you are all well. Today's OOTD is rather exciting. If you know me at all you will be well aware that Fleur from Fleurdeforce is my fave Youtuber and I am just generally a massive fan of hers. Because of this, it will be no surprise that if you watch her videos, you may recognise the playsuit.

Back in January Fleur bought this playsuit from the Oxford Street Topshop whilst waiting to attend a meeting. Although she was originally skeptical about the playsuit I thought it looked great on her, so much so that it immediately went onto my wishlist. 

When I looked on the website back in February it was nearly sold out so when I went into my local Topshop at the beginning of March and saw it, I knew I had to buy it! It was ridiculously over priced, at £48 but I really wanted to treat myself and my mum was kind enough to put some towards it.

I absolutely love how it flatters the body. The lace back is beautiful and it just generally makes me feels very swish. The only bad thing about the style is I have worn this out twice and both times to a restaurant for a meal. When sitting in this play suit it tends to ride up incredibly and unstopably high meaning that your thighs are pretty much on show. Since I always wear tights underneath this isn't a massive problem but something to be aware of.

Sadly when I went to Bristol Fashion Week I had to take my playsuit back to Topshop as when you zipped it up the back panel of lace didn't match up and since I had payed so much for it I wasn't happy with an obvious manufacture error like this. I swapped it for another one that doesn't have this error and am pleased with it. 

Overall I am very happy with this purchase as I feel I will get a lot of wear out of it and boy isn't the print pretty!? 

PS - I went for a very basic makeup look with a simple winged eyeliner using my 'Collection' liquid eyeliner and an MUA lipstick on my lips (sorry, unsure as to which shade) 


No comments:

Post a Comment