Friday, 4 April 2014

OOTD: Glastonbury Tor




















Dress- Mila Loves London
Skin color tights - Primark
*Boots - Doc Martens (here)
Belt - Primark
Coat - Jack Wills
Sunglasses - Primark
'Joy' Necklace - Forever21
Spike Bracelet - Claires
Stack of rings - Monsoon
Ring - market

Howdy hey everyone!

I hope you're all well? Today I'm back with a very exciting post! 
If you read my post at the beginning of March about my new Dr Martens (here) you will have seen that I warned you all that they would be featuring in a lot of OOTD so here they are, their first outfit debut! 

I was a bit unsure as to how to style them at first as they are nothing like any other pair of shoes I own but I really like how they looked in this outfit! I thought I would play it safe since it was my first time wearing them, so stuck to a simple, navy lace dress from FILLINHERE.

This outfit is probably my fave of the year so far and I think it will be perfect for festivals over the summer. 
It looks so chic yet quite laid back. Do you get the idea? I LOVE IT.

The dress is so comfy, and feels amazing against the skin which is fab as I find that lace can often scratch or itch against the skin. It is a beautiful navy blue colour that is a perfect trans-seasonal piece as it works well for both summer and autumn - win, win!

The coat is actually my mums but I am always borrowing it as I adore it. It in a green, wax style coat but to me, the lining makes it so fun and adds a bit of colour. We were lucky enough to have picked this coat up at the local discount Jack Wills stores so it was heavily reduced - fab!

Whilst posing for a fair amount of photos (I was slightly embarrassed as a lot of tourists we staring at my funnily) a man looked up and said "great boots!". I froze as I misheard him and thought he had said "great boobs" and was majorly freaked out until I realised I simply heard it wrong, haha!

I love the photo in which you can see the shadow of the Tor in the background - considering this was mums first 'proper' OOTD shoot I think she did fantastic! 

If you ever are in Somerset I would urge you to go to Glastonbury and just spend an afternoon exploring. I often take for-granted having such a unique, vibrant area right on my doorstep. Glastonbury really is one of a kind. There is no other way to describe it, it is just nowhere like I've ever been before, if you get the chance to visit you must! I could spend many afternoons having a wander down town looking in all the little shops buying incense sticks and crystals!

I hope you enjoyed this OOTD as I certainly enjoyed the whole process of making it: from picking the outfit, to shooting, to editing and now to writing!

Have you ever been to Glastonbury? 


PS - Please nominate me for 'Best Teen Style Blogger (Under 18)' in the Company Blog awards HERE 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress and accessories :) you look like you had an amazing time :) x
    |Life as a Petite|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love your outfit those shoes are amazing xxx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete