Tuesday, 22 April 2014

How I prime my skin for makeup: 3 steps!

Before we get started I would just like to say if you feel I deserve it please nominate me for 'Best Teen Style Blogger (Under 18)' in the Company Blog awards HERE. If you do please let me know so I can personally thank you!

Makeup can do wonders, but it's not a miracle worker! 
No matter how expert you are at application or what brand of makeup your using, the canvas your putting it on is very important too. If you get your skin ready for makeup properly you will find it applies better, looks better and essentially: lasts better. It's worth the extra five minutes!

I have a '3 step' routine which I carry out before makeup. I want to stress that this is what works for me. I have combination/oily skin and this works well for me - but you may find tweaking it a little or swapping products is your winning trio, or, you may even have a four step routine. Keep experimenting and shaking it up until you find the 'winning' formula. Be sure to comment or tweet me letting me know your holy grail makeup prepping products; I would love to know.


Step 1 - Bioderma
After picking this up whilst in Paris I have honestly used in every day! I now understand what all the fuss was about. I put a splash of this onto a cotton pad and give my face a big wipe over and can trust that it has picked up any dirt that's on my face. This product is amazing at removing even the tiniest traces of makeup and I don't even feel a need to cleanse my skin after using this as it does such a thorough job. During my time on the big wide web I have never seen a negative review of this product and it seems to be a winner for every skin type so give it a go if you can! I know when my sister Alice goes on french exchange in May I will be getting her to pick me up a bottle or two from one of the pharmacies! 


Step 2 - La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo
I'm a teenager so yes, I suffer from spots. Thankfully it has never gotten as bad as acne but it has been close a few times so for the last couple of months I have been using this. It is good at clearing up spots but not so great at preventing them, but when I talk to others they do not share this opinion and insist it does both but personally, I haven't seen the same results. Since foundation can be quite heavy on the skin sometimes (especially if you're going to town and contouring/using blush and adding highlighter) so I like to add this under my foundation to act as a 'layer' before I apply the makeup. It just makes me not feel so guilty for wearing a heavy foundation if I choose to on certain days.


Step 3 - Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer
This is one of my Holy Grail products. It is cheap, absorbs really quickly, smells divine, isn't tested on animals, highly moisturising, helps keep foundation in place all day and creates a really nice base making makeup application a whole lot easier. It's a winner. You can pick this up from most places: boots, superdrug, tescos - it very accessible! (Unlike the other two product in this post!)

So that's my terrific trio! I have really gotten into skincare lately and am up for trying a few new products so please let me know of any products you swear by so I can do a bit of research and possibly purchase them! 


2 comments:

  1. I've heard amazing things about La Rosche! Desperate to try it to see if it makes any difference to my acne scars :( Lovely post!!

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it - thank you so much! xx

      Delete