Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Bristol Fashion Week SS14 (Part 2: The Show)

(Click HERE to see all of my Bristol Fashion Week posts!) 

Today I bring you all the second installment in my Bristol Fashion Week series.

I have put the photos into collages because there were simply so many that I thought it would be the best way to make the post more neat and tidy. 

My photos aren't the greatest - some scenes from the show were very dark, meaning that my photos aren't very clear, but considering they were taken on my Lumix and the models were moving I'm not too disappointed with how they turned out.

For the first couple of scenes I was still getting to grips with what setting worked best on my camera so I'm sorry to say that were starting from scene five of the show. 

During this scene there was a distinctive Bollywood theme, with Lingerie from Ann Summers and jewellery from Accessorize. 

I loved this section so much. The neon green looked so beautiful on the model and I now need one of those fuschia and burnt orange shawls (are they shawls? I have no idea what to call them!) The neon pink bra's looked beautiful under the light too. 

The statement necklaces were so detailed and beautiful, but then again I couldn't expect any less from Accessorize. 

 

Model Makeover:

The next scene was simply beautiful. Laura, from Bristol is a surviving cancer sufferer. She was diagnosed with cancer when she was pregnant and has had to journey through an extremely tough road to get to where she is now. Cribbs made her over in a beautiful Ted Baker dress from John Lewis. It flattered her body shape perfectly and it was amazing to see her walk up and down the catwalk with such confidence. 

Her hair deffinately was the thing I loved most about the look. It was styled by Tomlinson hairdressing and they had used special 'dust' on it that magically backcombs your hair when you apply a bit to your roots. It gave her hair so much volume and body - she looked amazing!


Scene Six:

This scene has to be one of my faves. The yellow and orange tones looked so summery and made me want to go on holiday. During this section of the catwalk the clothes were from Next and accessories from Claires and I was so impressed. As you can probably tell from the amount of photos I took: I loved the yellow dress. The orange jeans looked incredible too. That's one of the reasons why I loved seeing how others style things, as I would never think to wear orange jeans but after seeing how chic they look when I styled well I may just have to invest in a pair and try them out for myself. 


Scene Seven:
This scene reminded me of a tropical rainforests, what with the blues and green. All of the clothes in this scene was from John Lewis.




Above are my three favourite looks from the show. I adore the dress on the right, it flatters the models figure so well and is so spring like. The outfit in the middle looks so fun and playful, plus I adore the colourful necklace. I really like how the scarf has been tied around the bikini bottoms on the model on the left, it adds a more 'styled' vibe to a simple bikini. 

Don't forget to come back here tomorrow for the third installment in my Bristol Fashion Week posts! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the bright yellows and oranges, but the sarongs are so pretty too!!! xxxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete