Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara Review





This mascara doesn't mess around. It oozes glamour and glitter, so naturally, I had to have it. 

First of all I want to talk about the packaging. The sleek shape of the bottle and black colour mirror the ad campaign featuring Betty Boop. The glitter at the bottom will catch any magpies attention and looks amazing in your makeup bag! One of the main things I like about the mascara is how the brush 'locks' into the tube. As a bit of a germaphobe, I feel like it is really hygienic as it stops any unnecessary bacteria getting onto the brush and then onto your eyes. 

The brush for this mascara is very different compared to any of the other Lancome mascara brushes.The latest innovation from the brand is the dual action brush with two rounded sides. It is designed to lengthen, define and separate. The mascara promises to give a 'black diamond effect' due to the new formulation. It gives your lashes a gel like, glossy finishing by combining a mix of waxes. The formula has Lancome's signature rose scent but in my opinion it smells like honey; either way it's a nice smell yet not too heavy or over-powering. 

This mascara works best if you apply and coat the lashes with the formula using the flat side of the brush and then run through with the rounded side. Doing it this way makes the curl stay in place all day and really lengthens your lashes. The shapes of the mascara brush makes it very easy to get to those pesky little lashes right in the corner of your eye and is fairly simple to use. 

I agree that the mascara is incredibly lengthening as Becky from TalkBeckyTalk said in her latest get ready with me video. One thing I do disagree with is that on the website this mascara is described as 'volumising' but personally, I do not feel that this mascara has had that effect on my lash. Don't get me wrong, I do love this mascara - mainly because it is so separating and you don't get clumps with it. 

The formula is waterproof, although I have not tested that, yet it comes off with ease when removing makeup. I apply makeup at around 8am and don't take it off till around 10pm and the mascara doesn't budge one bit - fab!

Overall I love this mascara and think the pricing isn't too bad. It isn't too great, but it isn't too bad. You can pick this mascara up from any Lancome mascara and Boots too. 

If you have tried it out, please let me know your opinions on it as I would love to see if we agree/disagree!


No comments:

Post a Comment