Sunday, 9 February 2014

Valentines Day FOTD

Good Morning everybody! 

I'm up bright and early on this fine Sunday to bring you a Valentines Makeup Look. I was origionally planning on doing it very pink and heart ect ect....but is that wearable? Probably not! Instead I opted for a classic brown smokey eye with black eye shadow liner accompanied with my new Rimmel Apocolips. This look would be perfect for whatever your valentines plans are, leaving you feeling pretty (always important to feel confident!)

First of all I went straight in with my Rimmel 'Math Perfection' foundation and applied it with a Real Techinques 'buffing brush'. This is my favourite brush EVER. I got it for Christmas last year and can honestly say I have used it every single time I have applied my foundation since. What did I do before it!?

Next I sprayed my skin with a bit of Mac's Fix +. I cannot remember whose but I was reading a blog a couple of weeks ago and the writer said that they sprayed a bit of this on before blusher/bronzer/highlighter and it made powder products go on a lot more dewy. Since I'm all about the dewy (haha!) I thought I would give it a try. I really do agree and have been doing this ever since so thankyou to who ever the genius was who taught me this trick (This is one of the reasons I love blogging so much!) 

I then applied my new bronzer  from Bourjois that I got for my 16th birthday. I call it the 'chocolate' bronzer because it looks so good you could eat it and smells like chocolate, fab!

For blush I used my Benefit 'Bella Bamba' blush as it is the perfect pink colour, plus it smells of watermelon!
I applied both my bronzer and blush using the real techniques contour brush as I find it is the perfect size for these jobs.

The last 'face' thing I did before moving onto eyes was apply highlighter from my Sleek contour kit using my pointed foundation brush. This again is from Real Techniques as they honestly are the best brushes. I applied a sweep of the highlighter to the tops of my cheeks, bridge of my nose and under my eyebrows to try to highlight in all the right places.


Then I moved onto eyes! I used my Soap & Glory 'Lid Stuff' palette that my sister got me for birthday as it is so me! The colours are so wearable and easy to pull, whilst the pigmentation is fab as well. I used an assortment of brushes to create the smoky eye using the lighter colours in the inner eye, gradually getting dark as I worked my way out (you know the trick!) For eyeliner I used the Lancome kohl eyeliner in '01 Noir'. This eyeliner is really black. Not grey or 'half black' like a lot of the other eyeliner I have tried, it is seriously black!  I know I do this in every single makeup look I do but I used this little Revlon eyeshadow that my Auntie Deb gave me in the corner of my eyes to make me look more awake. I have also done a review of this little cult product that you can see HERE.

For brows I used Rimmel's 'Brow Pencil'. It's nothing special or fancy but it does the job - plus the brush on the lid comes in super handy!


I know the photo below is really odd but it made me laugh. On my lips I wore Rimmel's Apocolips in the shade '101 - Celestial'. My Mum got it for me for my birthday and it is such a pretty, girly shade. Not too bright or bold yet still visible. The wear of the apocolips is amazing - they literally stay on for hours!


So that's my 'Valentines' makeup look. As you have probably guessed from the bottom picture, I am single so will be spending valentines with my friend Immy stuffing our faces -sounds perfect!

How are you spending the 14th?



PS - I have a new blog header as you can see - I hope you like it! 

5 comments:

  1. Love the lip color on you!

    xx, Cathy from http://helllo-cathy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely look! I think I will have to give in & try apocolips - read so many good reviews!

    Becca x

    http://perfectlypolishedpaws.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would - I adore them and will deffo be buying more!x

      Delete
  3. The lip colour looks fab on you, I really don't like how apocolips feels on my lips, I bought one and binned it x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete