Thursday, 13 February 2014

Sadie Williams Barbie Dolls for Selfridges

Louise Gray, Nasie Mazhar, Stephen Jones, Sister by Sibling....the list goes on. Many designers have dressed Barbie over the years and there's a new name to be added to the list; Sadie Williams.

In case you haven't already heard, come Friday Sadie Williams collection will be stock exclusively at Selfridges London Toy Shop. Just in time for London Fashion Week!
The make over is very different from her usual pink/girly attire and in my opinion makes a welcomed change. The gang of 'Tomboy Princesses' were created by MA fashion Textiles Graduate Sadie Williams who the Barbie brand scouted at Central Saint Martins MA show last season.

"It's rare to come across a young designer with such a confident and distinctive style that retains real finesse," Selfridges' Head of Accessories and Childrenswear, Erin Moscow says. 


(This doll has to be my personal fave!)


This is not the first time Sadie Williams has worked with the shop. She was involved in the 'Bright Young Things' project back in September during which she got to dress the shops windows.  "She was one of the real stars of this year's programme," Moscow continues.

Not only that but Williams also has a capsule collection of mini dresses and adult size sweatshirts in Selfridges too.

"I wanted to create a Barbie gang of ultra princessy tomboys," Sadie confirms. "I've always been a bit of a tomboy, and at the same time I love dressing up. I wanted my Barbies to encapsulate these playful elements by creating special shimmering gowns, each a one-off featuring my hand worked textiles."


The dolls are released on the first day of LFW A/W14, the same day as the annual Central Saint Martins MA show. There are five special edition dolls out, costing £120 each. I love things like this. 

If seeing Barbie in high fashion doesn't make you smile what will!?


(I do not own these images. They are from Vogue Italia)

1 comment:

  1. I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a visit
    this blog on regular basis to obtain updated from
    latest reports.

    Here is my blog psoriasi

    ReplyDelete