Saturday, 22 February 2014

OOTD: Marks and Spencer 'Doodle' Blazer

Blazer - Marks and Spencers (HERE)
Top - Primark
Bracelet - Claires
Trouser - George
Shoes - Clarks
Necklace - Stone

Hello, hello, hello! 

I went bowling on a Friday night not too long ago with my Youth Group from church and this is what I wore. In all honestly, the trousers probably were a little too tight for bowling as I struggled to bend my legs in them but I just loved the look of all the pieces together.

This look is very simple but features one of my favourite new additions to my wardrobe...my Marks & Spencer 'Doodle' jacket. This open front, long sleeved blazer/jacket is so so beautiful! 
My Great Aunt Sylvia actually got it for me for my 16th birthday and I simply adore it. It is so spring like and as the Marks and Sparks website reads: "perfect for transeasonal dressing". It is incredibly soft (cotton) and reminds me of a quilt (who doesn't want to walk round with a quilt on them!?) I'm a size 6/8 ish and my blazer is in the size 12-3 and fits with room to grow so even if you're a little bit older I'm sure you could actually wear this - it may just be more fitted than mine is on me! If you fancy treating yourselves to one of these blazer they are on the website HERE. 

Below is a photo of the pattern close up. As you can see it is really pretty and intricate. 


My t-shirt was just a basic plain tee from Primark that I picked up for £1.50! My necklace is a purple diamond look necklace from a shop called 'Stone' that I also got for my birthday. It is a really chunky crucifix and the purple complimented the blue of the blazer really well in my opinion.

The shoes I wore are these Clarks Nude 'Super Soft' pumps. I bought these shoes back in May for my trip to New York as comfy shoes were crucial. These shoes were anything BUT comfy. On my first day of the trip I was walking round with bloody ankles as these shes were rubbing like craaaazy! Since then I have been to angry at them (can you be angry at shoes!?) to wear them but I thought they went quite well so gave them a second chance. As soon as I got to the bowlplex we all swapped into those funnily hideous bowling shoes so they didn't really have the opportunity to rub which was good! 

This bracelet was an absolute bargain from Claires. They were running an offer of 10 things for £10 so I picked up this rose gold spike bracelet along with 9 other things. I'm sure I will get a lot of wear out of it as it literally goes with anything!

Finally onto the trousers. I was actually given them by a friend as they didn't fit her (they are incredibly tight on me!) They are from George at Asda and are surprisingly nice. They have a line that runs down the middle of your leg which is really flattering. I was worried about the length in the beginning, fearing they would look like 'ankle swingers' but with the right foot wear they look amazing (I think anyway!)


It was such a lovely night with a lovely outfit.

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend with your feet up (Ha!)

8 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely outfit and I love the jacket :) I'm glad you had a lovely night. My youth group went to Nandos recently and we are going bowling soon I think! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I need to go to the new Nandos! Youth groups are so fun xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous jacket!! You look great :) nice post x
    http://littleelliemaeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blazer, really suits you xxx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post. I love your blog it's such an enjoyable read :-)
    Beth x

    http://www.thebritishgirl.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blazer and you have really lovely hair x

    ReplyDelete