Friday, 17 January 2014

January Sales Haul (Lush, Lancome, Boots, New Look and Next)

(I apologise for the AWFUL quality photo - my lighting was real bad!!)

As you can see above....I went a little bit crazy in January.
My Dad gave me money for my birthday (30th Jan) but he gave it to me on Christmas day as it made sense to spend it in the sales and get more for my money. I got a bit excited as I'm not used to having money that I can actually spend and don't have to save. I bought a lot of things that I wouldn't normally spend my money on so that was really nice.

A lot of this stuff I'm actually keeping back for my birthday so that I have something to open on the day so that's nice too. 




First of all we went to Lush. Me and my sister Alice were determined to get some bargains in their famous sale this year....so much so that we were there 45 minutes before they opened and were first in the que!
This comes after being left very dissapointed last year as I spent a lot of boxing day trying to get on the website but it kept crashing :(

My Auntie Karen had very kindly given my a £15 Lush gift card for Christmas and this was a fab present! I was putting things in my basket like a crazy women, with no real idea of quite how much what I had picked up would cost - I just knew I didn't want to spend more than £20. When I got to the till I had spent £31.70 but once the 50% was taken off at the end it went down to 15.88! WOOO! I only had to pay 88 pence....technically! I was so so happy with this trip to Lush as I often walk out of there empty handed as I cannot justify spending £3.50 on a bath bomb so this was a really nice change. 

I picked up 9 bubble bars/bath bombs and one of the pink star wandy things (anyone know what they're called!?) I decided to go for individual bombs rather than a set and was really pleased I did as this just worked well for me because within a lot of the set I was only really bothered by a few of the products in there. 

Myself, my sister and my mum have all decided that going to Lush on boxing day will now become a tradition - hurrah!


After our exciting trip to Lush we walked on round to Debenhams. It was empty! I have had my eye on the Lancome star mascara since back in October when my fave YT'er ever Fleur De Force spoke about it being her fave. Since then I have always had my eye on it when I went in my local department store. I was pretty darn excited when I saw this in the Debenhams sale! The set comes with a kohl eyeliner, a mini makeup remover and a full size Lancome Star Mascara.  As you can see from the sticker I paid £15 - woop woop!
(I'm keeping that back for my birthday, it is so so hard to try not to use it!)

The next two purchases are both from Boots. We were headed in the direction of the perfumes because my mum really wanted to get the Nica Ricci perfume. Whilst we were there I spotted the Taylor Swift 'Wonderstruck' perfume and immediately wanted to smell it. Again, this is probably Fleur's influence on me haha! It smells so so so good and then I saw that it was £7 off and I had to buy it!

Foundation is one of those things I never seem to have 'enough' of and seem to like to have a stash of it, anyone else? I used the match perfection one around this time last year and my only thoughts on it were that I used it up really quickly. I then switched to the 'Wake me Up' and fell in love. Only problem is I feel that the 'Wake me Up' is a little too heavy for school and have wanted to get a lighter foundation for quite some time. I saw that this one had been reduced so thought I'd snap up a bargain - it's normally around £7 a bottle!
Whilst in Bristol on Saturday me, my mum and my friend Becca may have accidentally found our selves in the Yankee store and then some tarts accidentally came home with me. Those pesky things!

The mandarin cranberry was in the sale for 60p, the vanilla lime one was 90p and the salted caramel was full price at £1.30. The lime one smells just like the Sugar Crush Body Wash so I couldn't resist. It seems like a really good candle for spring/summer.
The salted caramel one smells AMAZING. It is so so good! Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter said in her video on Sunday that this is her fave Yankee candle and I can deffinately see why. If you have never smelt it put it on your to-do list, you'll thank me later!
Make way for the serious bargains!

First of all I picked up the shoes on the far right for £10 in the New Look sale. I kind of fell in love with them and they were reduced from £30 so it was meant to be!

Later that week (I did a lot of shopping that week!!) I popped into my local Next Clearance and spotted these two beauties. The grey wedge heels have a real Kate Middleton vibe and I think I will get quite a lot of wear out of them because they seem to be quite comfy. They have a few marks on them but nothing they wouldn't get the minuite I stepped foot out the house.

The pink pair are pretty bright to say the least. At first I picked them up for a Carrie Diaries inspired blog post I have coming up very soon but they grew on me and I now kind of like them. They had ankle straps but I took them off as I really didn't like them.

Now here comes the best bit:

Pink ones: 
Were £ 28
Reduced to £3

Grey ones: 
Were £38
Reduced to £3

I couldn't quite believe these prices....madness!



I have been wanting a statment necklace for ageeees but have never found 'the one'. In New Look I managed to pick up this lovely green one for only £3. Since buying it I have already had a lot of wear out of it and really love how it can dress up/dress down an outfit.

I was contacted by Prairie Charms back before Christmas about working with them on one of their blogger projects and obviously leaped at the chance. As part of that I bought a special 'mystery box' from their sale. It cost £5 for the 3 bows so I feel I got a good deal. I especially love the sparkly pink bow. It has my name written all over it. Might even wear it on my birthday!



This wine coloured crop top was another good buy from New Look. I kinda bought a whole outfit. I plan to wear the black & gold skirt, the crop top and the pencil skirt below when I go out for my birthday meal so I had that in mind when I bought it. It goes so nicely with the pencil skirt even if it is a little too short for my liking. I paid £7 for this and it was originally £17.99 (Who would pay that much for a crop top!?)
I love love love this. I have been after a pencil skirt for so long and my mum actually found this for me whilst we were raiding the sale rail for goodies in New Look. Since I have got it home and tried it on with different pieces I am so happy I got it. It is such a versatile piece and I am 100% sure I will get a lot of wear out of it.
Lastly - a novelty tee. This was only £2 so I had to buy it to keep it back for next year - it is just so cute.

So there you go.

All the bits I picked up in the sales. 
I have been so lucky lately with all the lovely gifts I have been receiving/things I have been able to buy. So much so that I am probably going on a spending ban in February (haha - she says!) 

Please do comment below if you have done any similar kind of blog posts or tweet me with the link!

PS - it is my 16th birthday on 30th January and I would love to get to 250 bloglovin followers and 300 GFC by then! I am so close! If you like the look of my blog and enjoy the content please follow it. It means so much to me and that way you never miss one of my posts ever again!

Lots of love


10 comments:

  1. you picked up some great bargains!
    In love with those black shoes!
    boldinballerinass.blogspot.co.uk
    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too - might wear them for my 16th Birthday!
      Thanks for taking the time to comment xx

      Delete
  2. You got some amazing bargains :) The Lancome set looks great for £15! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did find some good'uns! It was such a good bargain! Thanks for taking the time to comment xxx

      Delete
  3. Great post!! You got some pretty amazing bargains there!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I think I did pretty well - the Jan sales are fab! xxx

      Delete
  4. Cannot believe the price of them shoes! What an amazing bargain. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fab bargains you got! Love the shoes xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did snap up some bargains! Thanks xx

      Delete