Wednesday, 11 December 2013

My Favourite Christmas Films: Mini Review




Christmas movies....my one true love. 
I adore Christmas movies - so much so that I usually start watching them in August!
As soon as 'The Polar Express' or 'Elf'' starts playing you know that Christmas is really coming.

There is something so magical about Christmas films! I have quite an extensive collection so I thought it was only right to do a little post on them as part of my blogmas series (which I hope you are all enjoying by the way!)

Kirstie's Handmade Christmas
I love Kirstie Allsopp. Her series always make me want to crack out the glitter and glue and start making some beautiful things. In reality they normally turn out like poop but watching it always motivates me. This disc has her later series of homemade Christmas which to be honest, isn't as great as the first. But since the first series aren't on DVD this is better than nothing. 

Merry Madagascar
This short little movie is a great addition to your collection. I found it so funny and it is perfect for young children aswell. This DVD is a bargain and I really recommend it as a light hearted little movie.


Elf 
A Christmas movie collection wouldn't be complete without Elf - infact, it wouldn't be one at all. 
This film is sooo funny. This is the perfect feel-good Christmas film that will actually make you laugh out loud. This film is perfect for everyone (big or small). How can a giant Elf walking around New York acting like a child not be hilarious. 

Fred Claus
I'm not going to kid you all and say this is a Christmas classic but it is funny. It has a cute story about sibling rivalry and has a moral to it too. It's a bargain on Amazon aswell!


The Snowman
Christmas eve wouldn't be Christmas eve without watching the Snowman. I can never watch this film without singing 'WERE WALKING IN THE AIR' at the top of my lungs. The whole story is just so so cute and it makes my heart flutter.

The Polar Express
I LOVVVVVVVVVE this film. Christmas eve classic. No more needs to be said. I'm sure you've seen this but if you haven't YOU MUST.


Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special
I love this movie. I love it because it shows Christmas on it's true light. In reality it's not always this magical perfect day so I really like that this programe shows a more realistic Christmas. I also have to sing along in the beginning bit when Smithy is singing do they know it's Christmas!

Alvin and the Chipmunks
This film is sometimes irritating. It is fair to say that you have to be in a certain frame of mind to watch this movie. I know it isn't exactly a Christmas movie but I love the song they sing about their Christmas wishlists in it!


Nativity
I adore this film. I found it so funny and the kids in it are so talented. I have also seen number two and I actually enjoyed it more than one! 

Christmas with the Kranks
This film is by no means a classic - but it is funny. It's a trashy Christmas film that will put a smile on your face. The fake tan scene is funny! 


Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas
I adore this film and yes I am 15 haha! This is such a feel good, light hearted film. There are lots of really catchy songs (I am guilty of singing along) I know that it's curious George and yes it is for three year olds but make an exception for this! I just looooooooooove it!
Look out for this film in superdrug, I picked it up for £2.99

Home Alone
I know that everyone and their dog has watched this film but that doesn't make it any less amazing. Yes its not technically a Christmas film but it is set at Christmas and therefore - I love it.  


Clash of the Santas
This film/tv show is AMAZING. It was on tv a good few years back and it was so good that my family just had to get it on dvd. It's hilarious, has a good storyline and will deffinately put you in the Christmas spirit! 

Arthur Christmas
This Christmas movie is quite a newbie on the block. I really wanted to see this in cinemas two Christmases ago but never got round to it so I waited and bought it last christmas. I loved it. It is deffinately a new classic. It has such a cute storyline and I really recommend watching it. 

So there you have it, my all time favourite Christmas movies.
Please leave a comment letting me know what your favourite are! 

Hope you are enjoying this blogmas series

Click HERE to see all my previous blogmas posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment