Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Christmas: The True Meaning + My Present to You All

*I planned to put this post live on Christmas day but don't really want to have to fire up my laptop tomorrow plus I don't expect many of you lovely lots will be on the internet. Therefore I'm posting it today instead - Merry Christmas Eve!*

Merry Christmas! I hope you all are having/have an amazing day and make some memories to treasure forever. I know that not many of you will read this on Christmas day, but even if you read it on boxing day or perhaps even next December that will mean something to me. 

As a Christian I want to talk really openly about Jesus on my blog but don’t want to shove things in your face. Saying that, I vowed a couple of months ago to make sure that the theme of my blog is ‘Lucy’. Not fashion, not beauty and not lifestyle. Just a collection of beautiful things floating around in my head. Because of that, it would be odd to not do a post about why I celebrate Christmas as this season is such a special one to me.

Within this post I do not intend to offend anyone. I just wish to let you know why I celebrate Christmas. Since Blogmas has been so popular I am guessing that a fair few of you are religious as it’s called CHRISTmas for a reason! I hope you learn more about me and my beliefs from this post and that I someway help you on your walk with Jesus.

The true meaning of Christmas is one I usually get stuck on. As you will know from my blogmas posts I love all the material things that come with Christmas. Trees, tinsel and food (especially food!)I do not think there is anything wrong with this – If you remember the ‘true’ meaning is more important than all of these things.

Through all these different things the one true reason of Christmas is something simple yet beautiful, love.

. John 3:16-17 says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." 

The true meaning of Christmas is the celebration of this incredible act of love.

The real Christmas story is the one of God becoming a human being in the Person of Jesus Christ. Why did God do such a thing? Because He loves us! Why was Christmas necessary? Because we needed a Savior! Why does God love us so much? Because He is love itself (1 John 4:8). Why do we celebrate Christmas each year? Out of gratitude for what God did for us, we remember His birth by giving each other gifts, worshipping Him, and being especially conscious of the poor and less fortunate.

The true meaning of Christmas is love. God loved His own and provided a way—the only Way—for us to spend eternity with Him. He gave His only Son to take our punishment for our sins. He paid the price in full, and we are free from condemnation when we accept that free gift of love. "But God demonstrated His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

I am forever thankful to God for sending Jesus and that will be at the forefront of my mind this Christmas.

I really want to give my lovely readers a Christmas Present but obviously that is impossible. I thought it would be nice to create a 'Prayer Request Page' on my blog. I am fully aware that not all my readers are Christians but I feel really passionately about creating this. I want to open up the oppertunity for you all to contact me about anything. From your cat dying, to you stressing about mocks - right up to huge things like illness or death. Anything you email me will remain 100% confidential and I will simply pray for you. I will not pester you or pry, I just simply want to offer a prayer request 'system' as I thought it might help. Even if I only get a responce from 1 person it will all be worth it. Do not feel like you have to fit into any category to ask me. Athiest, Christian, Muslim - email me who ever you are! Head over to the 'Prayer Request + Getting Help' at the top of my blog if you wish for more info.

Merry Christmas.

Lots of Love,

Lucy

6 comments:

  1. I love this post, I recently just blogged about the exact same thing. I am a christian too and its great that you are sharing Jesus with people. May God truly bless you and your family tomorrow.

    www.thefrancescadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it - I will take a look! You too, merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Lucy xx

      Delete
  2. Lucy I actually love this post so much! You are so brave to talk about your faith on your blog, I know that I'm definitely too scared to write about my faith on mine. If you ever need prayed for, just tell me! May you have a brilliant Christmas and spread the wonderful news of Jesus with everyone! Merry Christmas! xx
    www.wonderfullyobsessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad to hear it! Aw seriously don't be - it's nothing to be ashamed of. Thankyou so so much, what a lovely comment! You too, Merry Christmas! Lucy xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful post! I am a christian as well and find this time of year a struggle amongst my friends. The true meaning behind christmas gets so lost behind tags and labels to the extent that some people do not know the reason at all which is so sad. I love how open you are in this post and thank you for dedicating a whole section of your blog to prayer requests that is such a lovely thing. Happy Christmas Lucy! x
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I understand that completely but I think it is normal for a lot of Christians. It is sad indeed! Just doing what I can to help others come to know Jesus Christ as their savior! Glad you like it and don't think it's a weird idea haha. Merry Christmas Francesca and a Happy New Year!xx

      Delete