Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Lucy's London Fashion Week: Manolo Blahnik SS14








Ever since seeing my first pair of Manolo Blahnik's on 'Sex and the City' I have been in love with the brand and have lusted after owning a pair (one day...one day!!)
I was so excited when I first got to watch the video of the collection. I didn't really know what to expect. Classic, classic with a twsit, crazy shoes, boring shoes - I didn't really know....one things for sure though - I wasn't disappointed!
The shoes are works of art. The each are a masterpiece and are absolutely stunning. I have two favourite pairs - the orange ones in the second to last photo and the green and white ones in the last photo. The bottom ones just remind me of Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer night's dream' so much and they remind me of a fairytale.
I'm so pleased that Blahnik has finally jumped on the LFW bandwagon (or should I say carriage)
The designer has always loved films so decided to unveil his 'spring/summer 14' collection through moving pictures. I actually really enjoyed the video. At first I thought it was a bit odd but once is got into the swing I really enjoyed its uniqueness. 
"I wanted it to have that feeling of elegance and sophistication that that period gave to the world," he explained. "It's about jealousy, but mainly the cultural richness that came with that time. Everyone was extreme, which I love."
So overall this collection sweeps you off your feet and drops you into a fantasy world far far away from here.....haha!
Did you like the film? Which were your favourite pair from the collection?


No comments:

Post a Comment