Wednesday, 30 January 2013

A year older at a glance.


(My birthday: 2005!)

Today I turn 15.
Doesn't fifteen sound so much older than fourteen?
Last year, I was again excited at how fourteen sounded, to me, so much older than thirteen. But then again, why am I so excited to grow up. After all, it’s mainly scary responsibility’s from here on out. Looking back at the things I have done in the past year, I realise how much I have matured and grown as a person. For me, being fourteen was when I started working towards my dreams. I am a very determined person, and if I want something, I will go out and work my butt off till I get it. This year I got a job in a local tea rooms, and saved every penny I earned. Half went in a pot labelled ‘’spending money’’ for when I go to New York (5 months to go!) and the other half went in my life savings account. I also got a job writing for my local paper and a work experience placement with Inspire magazine writing weekly articles for their e-magazine.  I think I was fed up of just dreaming the dreams, and not actually doing anything to work towards them, so I decided from then on out to do everything possible in my power to increase my chances. I suppose this blog post won’t make a whole lot of sense until I actually explain what my dreams are…this may sounds really unrealistic and childish but I dream to:
Work in a position I am happy in. At the moment I’m considering journalism, teaching, running my own business or going into the ministry, but its early days!
Take a gap year and explore some of the big wide world. I would ideally love to travel all around America. (When I say go travelling, I don’t mean backpacking around a country…there’s no way I could do that! Instead more of a long holiday!)
Make memories and have funny life stories to tell my children. I love to document these years by making scrapbooks, photo albums and diaries so one day I can look back on my childhood with my children and they can laugh at what funny clothes I used to wear and probably say ‘’Oh my gosh mum, you used a laptop? Did you grow up in the dark ages or something!?’’
Have children. Preferably 4 or 5, I would love to have a big family.
To fall in Love
To make everyone who loves me proud, especially my parents.
So...that’s my aspirations for life!
This last year has been chocked full of amazing memories that will last a lifetime.
When I was 14 I went on French Exchange (what a week that turned out to be haha!) went to Soul Survivor, went on my first ever summer holiday abroad, got my first job, chose my GCSE options, sat some of my GCSE's, was in two dance shows, went to countless campouts...and many other memories that are too personal to put out on the big wide web.
I am extremely looking forward to the memories that are to come this year as a fifteen year old and hope you will all come along for the journey too.
Thankyou for all the love and support you all gave me last year, all the comments, all the feedback and all the kind tweets.
It means the world to me!

(Birthday 2012)

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, can't believe you're only 15 you look so grown up in your sidebar image! x

    ReplyDelete