Monday, 9 April 2012

Eylure False Lash blending mascara.






Whilst having a wander through my local Superdrug store a couple of weeks ago I came across this bad boy. I was initially looking at the false eyelashes, but because this product is a 'false lash blending mascara' it was with the false eyelashes.
The first thing that struck me about this mascara was the price. Ninety nine pennies. How could I not buy it!? I don’t wear false eyelashes, but I wanted to see how well it would work as normal, everyday mascara.
The packaging isn’t anything wonderful, but in the same sense isn’t terribly awful. I don’t like the fancy plastic pouch it comes in, as I just think this is such a waste of packaging.
The brush itself is amazing. I love this style of brushes. The mascara did separate my lashes well and did in fact appear to lengthen and enhance them. For that I love this product, but this mascara can easily go clumpy on your lashes if you put on a few too many layers.
Last but not least, one thing that’s really striking about this product, it reeks. False lash glue does stink of fish, and this is a false lash mascara, so that’s probably why!
Now onto the confusing bit, when I had a look on the boots website, to see how the price differed between stores, I saw that in boots it is priced at £9.99. This seems ridiculous right!? Why would anyone pay for a product that you can get £9 cheaper in another shop? Well anyway, if you want to buy the Eylure False Lash blending mascara, head to Superdrug not boots!!
Overall I would probably re-purchase this mascara, yes it has a few flaws but for 99p (In Superdrug anyway!) who could grumble?

17 comments:

  1. thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog! Wow, this is such a bargain for 99p!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You grabbed a Bargin :)
    I love eylure lashes I may give this a try :)
    Www.throughchelseaseyes.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, please let me know how you get on with it! xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Lucy, thanks for the kind comment on my blog. I'd love Louboutins too. I'll keep persuading my boyfriend :) I'm loving your blog and have just followed you. If you'd like to follow me back that would be lovely :)

    I love Eylure - their lashes are such a good price point and the glue is really high quality xo

    http://thetimetomakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! If he gets you some for your birthday, he's a keeper haha! Thankyou so much! Im following you!
      They sure are are!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Wow, your eyelashes look great!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog
    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for visiting my blog, im following now :) im a newbie at blogging your blog is fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! Thats such a lovely coment! xx

      Delete
  6. For 99p that's amazing - it looks like the brush on the Estee Lauder mascara I've just bought (in the Easter Update post)! Can't believe the difference in price between Superdrug and Boots!

    Thanks for visiting my blog - yours is lovely and so promising! Following on GFC.


    www.freshlookbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow does it! Yes its shocking! Thankyou! xx

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lucy,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog! I will follow please follow back and thanks again!! Hannah x

    www.llandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely blog, great post :)
    lauren x

    www.betwixtlaur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete